- Regular teaching appointment at the middle or high school level in a school located in New York City (all five boroughs), Westchester, Long Island, or New Jersey.
- Three years of teaching experience in STEM disciplines.
- Endorsement by the school principal.
Six weeks (Click here for important dates).
Monday to Friday, 8:30 A.M.-5:00 P.M., on the NYU-Poly's 6 MetroTech campus.
Project participants who successfully complete all program requirements (including submission of final project report; academic year follow-up—attend the RET Day @ Poly in fall, participate in two Research Seminars/semester, and mentor student teams at their schools to participate in an annual Inno/Vention student idea competition at NYU-Poly; and assessment activities), will receive a stipend of $9,000. Income tax obligations are the responsibility of the teachers
Each project participant receives an equipment kit consisting of micro-controller and components to develop laboratory activities in their schools.
To receive a full stipend, participants are required to:
- Attend all training, research, and presentation activities.
- Complete assigned engineering research, oral presentation, comprehensive research report, and project web page.
- Participate in academic year follow-up activities.
- Conduct assessment of project impact in their classrooms and provide the results for reporting to NSF.
Each school must submit a complete application package for its teacher/s. A complete application package consists of the application form, résumé, essay, and reference letters. Applications may be hand delivered, mailed, or e-mailed. Finalists for the 2013 program will be announced on the project web site on April 26, 2013.
Please click here to find out important dates and deadlines related to the program.