- Developed an externally funded research, education, mentoring, and outreach program with over 11.6 million dollars of funding.
- Edited 3 books and published 7 chapters in edited books, 1 book review, 52 journal articles, and 100 conference papers. Citation statistics (Google Scholar)—Citations: 2190+, h-index: 22
- Graduated 4 doctoral and 13 masters students.
- Mentored 28 undergraduate research students and 11 undergraduate senior design project teams; over 300 K-12 teachers and 100 high school student researchers; and 18 undergraduate GK-12 Fellows and 54 graduate GK-12 Fellows.
- Direct K-12 education, training, mentoring, and outreach programs that currently enrich the STEM education of over 2,000 students annually.
CITIZENSHIP: Naturalized U.S. Citizen
Mechatronics; Robotics; Smart Sensors; Cooperative Control; Distributed Spacecraft Formation Control; Linear/Nonlinear Control with Applications to Robust Control, Saturation Control, and Time-Delay Systems; Closed-Loop Input Shaping; Spacecraft Attitude Control; K-12 STEM Education and DSP/PC/Microcontroller-Based Real-Time Control.
Statics, Dynamics, Mechanical Vibration, Measurement Systems, Automatic Control, Mechatronics, Smart Systems, Robotics, Digital Control, Optimal Multivariable Feedback Control, Nonlinear Control, Robust Control, Instrumentation Laboratory and Real-Time Control Laboratory.
- Ph.D. Aerospace Engineering, Flight Mechanics and Control
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, March 1996
Dissertation:Robust Fixed-Structure Control of Uncertain
Systems with Input-Output Nonlinearities
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering, Dynamics and Control
Florida Institute of Technology, Melbourne, FL, March 1993
Thesis: Optimal Control and Estimation for Discrete-Time
Periodic and Multirate Systems
- B.Tech. Production Engineering and Management
National Institute of Technology, Calicut, India, October 1988
(Formerly known as Calicut Regional Engineering College)